Smoking out Christians in Japan

  • James Eckman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2 7:57 AM
      For depressing fiction on the subject, you can read Silence or Samurai
      by Endo Shusaku. Don't read them if your thinking suicidal thoughts...

      Jim Eckman
    • autumnriver
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2 8:19 AM
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, James Eckman <ronin_engineer@...> wrote:

        > For depressing fiction on the subject, you can read Silence or Samurai
        > by Endo Shusaku. Don't read them if your thinking suicidal thoughts...

        Ooooh, yeah. I picked them up at a local library sale last year for
        50 cents a piece (Kinda surprised to find Japanese themed literature
        there, but I should have known--Dubuque, Iowa: all Catholic, all the
        time!). Brilliant work, but so depressing!

        Ki no Torahime