Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Population of

  • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 2, 2006
      On 2/2/06, Tracie Ellis <miriel.crawford@...> wrote:
      > Yes it is, nominally used as slang by non-Christians (at least Neo-Pagans).
      > It's faster than typing 'christian' which has three extra letters to
      > 'xtian'.

      It is also used by some Christians, FYI, who wish to avoid writing
      'Christ' for the same (or similar) reasons that some Jews will not
      write the name(s) of God.
      It rather surprised me, as I thought the usage was primarily as you
      had stated until some Christians who used it that way informed me
      otherwise.

      -Ii
    • Park McKellop
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 5, 2006
        Just think about it...

        You could be a Japanese immigrant/visitor who was acculturating and really admiring all things European, the clothes, the food and the history. Plus, since you were taught by Jesuits, you'd have a decent grasp of the more distant past. Imagine the conversations you could have!

        Templars are awesome! They are totally sweet! And by sweet I mean mega-cool! They had Ultimate Fighting Power! There was this one Templar, who paid a Saracen to stable his horse, and the next morning he found out that his horse had been fed straw, rather than hay! He flipped out! I mean, he totally flipped out! He killed that Saracen, and that was just the start of it! Before he got tired, he'd killed the entire Caliphate! It just makes me want to play the air-hurdygurdy! Totally awesome!!!

        There is a secret tradition that the Templar was actually trained by ninjas. Of course, there is no documentation for this, otherwise it wouldn't be secret. ;-)

        Alcyoneus (who senses a severe fanning...)

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Park McKellop <squire009@...> wrote:

        > If you really want to get Pavel's goat, go Japanese AND take up rapier.

        *thwacks Alcyoneus with fan* BAD bushi! No biscuit!

        Hotoru-hime, don't listen to him--we all know that rapier in Calontir
        will lead to Cavalier men and Scarlet women! And Baroque, SHAMELESS
        music that'll grab YOUR son and YOUR daughter with the arms of a
        jungle animal instink! Mass-staria!

        ;-D

        Ki no Torahime