Re: [SCA-JML] Population of

  • Michael Peters
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 1, 2006
      The general concensus here (Thailand) is they were political exiles. AIR, It
      was a Daimyo and retainers (approximately 200 ) and they settled in the
      North. An extremely effective fighting force, they were in effect (for a
      short time) kingmakers.

      (I REALLY need to get on my wife again about finding the documentation of
      this in Thai )

      Mykaru

      Eff wrote:

      Some seem to have gone to Siam --
      >although there's a question as to whether they were
      >Christian or just political escapees.
      >

      >Effingham

    • Park McKellop
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 5, 2006
        Just think about it...

        You could be a Japanese immigrant/visitor who was acculturating and really admiring all things European, the clothes, the food and the history. Plus, since you were taught by Jesuits, you'd have a decent grasp of the more distant past. Imagine the conversations you could have!

        Templars are awesome! They are totally sweet! And by sweet I mean mega-cool! They had Ultimate Fighting Power! There was this one Templar, who paid a Saracen to stable his horse, and the next morning he found out that his horse had been fed straw, rather than hay! He flipped out! I mean, he totally flipped out! He killed that Saracen, and that was just the start of it! Before he got tired, he'd killed the entire Caliphate! It just makes me want to play the air-hurdygurdy! Totally awesome!!!

        There is a secret tradition that the Templar was actually trained by ninjas. Of course, there is no documentation for this, otherwise it wouldn't be secret. ;-)

        Alcyoneus (who senses a severe fanning...)

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Park McKellop <squire009@...> wrote:

        > If you really want to get Pavel's goat, go Japanese AND take up rapier.

        *thwacks Alcyoneus with fan* BAD bushi! No biscuit!

        Hotoru-hime, don't listen to him--we all know that rapier in Calontir
        will lead to Cavalier men and Scarlet women! And Baroque, SHAMELESS
        music that'll grab YOUR son and YOUR daughter with the arms of a
        jungle animal instink! Mass-staria!

        ;-D

        Ki no Torahime