stolen goods

  • Rick Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
      At least you don't know who took your stuff.

      With me, I loaned my first set of Japanese armor to a friend who shortly after died in a motorcycle accident.

      A 'friend', my daughters godfather, and later Baron in the SCA visited the grieving parents and while they were vulnerable, told them that their dead son had borrowed a bunch of his gear and he needed it back.
      He took EVERYTHING he could find, armor, weapons, books. Including my Japanese armor.

      I never did get it back.
      Knowing that a friend stole your stuff hurts more.

      At least I was smart enough to NOT loan him my 19th century katana & Wakizashi.

      Rick Johnson, PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
      http://www.geocities.com/DesertHenge
      http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_ERB
      http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_RLJ

    • latanya.taylor@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
        What a disgusting excuse for a human being. Not only to steal from a friend but to take advantage of someone after a death of a loved one. *shakes head* some do not seem to embrace the spirit of chivalry. And the fact that this person has the rank of Baron makes me even sicker.

        From: "Rick Johnson" <rikjohnson@...>

      • Rick Johnson
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
          SCA was supposed to be the ideals of the Middle Ages. Not as it was with all the prejudice and politics but as it should have been.

          The dream should have included all nations, including Japan, Meso-America etc.

          But some people brought not the best but the worst into the dream.
          These people sought to drive out all pagans, all non-Western Europeans and there were Kings who sold knighthood and Awards for a night with a woman.

          It's sad when you see those who preech the ideals of honor, chivalry and integrity, then use the power the BoD gave them to abuse and use people.

          Is there a solution? I never found one any more than I was able to punish the man who tried to rape my Lady at an event. He got away wit hit and was knighted shortly after when his 'lady' swore to the police, again (he did this often) that mine agreed, then dropped her clothes for the King. A year later he was baron. Not the one who stole my Japanese Armor. We had a run of ...

          Rick Johnson, PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
          http://www.geocities.com/DesertHenge
          http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_ERB
          http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_RLJ

          Please note: message attached

        • jake curda
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2006
            i agree with this statement whole-heartedly......i have run into such people , myself , down here.....there has been those, within the SCA, who have stolen and physicaly hurt my family and friends , both in the SCA and out of it and used position top get themselves out of it.......i sympathize as i have had these things happen to me......but at the same time i realize that there are going to be those who are despicable no matter what ideals they claim to follow......and all we can do is prove that we really do live by them and that we are the better people.........as my SCA father once told me , " There are those who seek to gain something from the SCA.....and then there are those who seek to learn and give something back..." , i have found those words to live by in the SCA.......

            Yagyu Masamori Nobunagga
            (bard and much more)

            From: "Rick Johnson" <rikjohnson@...>