Population of

  • JESSICA DODGE
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 1, 2006
      Does anybody know the population numbers for christian Japanese in Europe in the late period?
      Does anybody know how I could find this out?
      Does anybody know how I could have a European to Japense ratio in Europe in the late period.

      I came across a snipet that stated there was three hundred thousand christians in Japan in late period before the the religon was banned. I am sure thqat some of these people were scattered or killed. But what if say...10,000 made it to europe.
      Where did they go? Certinly not all of them lived n Portugal. Or did they?
      Anyway, can you see where I am going with this?
      Hotaru

    • Park McKellop
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 5, 2006
        Just think about it...

        You could be a Japanese immigrant/visitor who was acculturating and really admiring all things European, the clothes, the food and the history. Plus, since you were taught by Jesuits, you'd have a decent grasp of the more distant past. Imagine the conversations you could have!

        Templars are awesome! They are totally sweet! And by sweet I mean mega-cool! They had Ultimate Fighting Power! There was this one Templar, who paid a Saracen to stable his horse, and the next morning he found out that his horse had been fed straw, rather than hay! He flipped out! I mean, he totally flipped out! He killed that Saracen, and that was just the start of it! Before he got tired, he'd killed the entire Caliphate! It just makes me want to play the air-hurdygurdy! Totally awesome!!!

        There is a secret tradition that the Templar was actually trained by ninjas. Of course, there is no documentation for this, otherwise it wouldn't be secret. ;-)

        Alcyoneus (who senses a severe fanning...)

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Park McKellop <squire009@...> wrote:

        > If you really want to get Pavel's goat, go Japanese AND take up rapier.

        *thwacks Alcyoneus with fan* BAD bushi! No biscuit!

        Hotoru-hime, don't listen to him--we all know that rapier in Calontir
        will lead to Cavalier men and Scarlet women! And Baroque, SHAMELESS
        music that'll grab YOUR son and YOUR daughter with the arms of a
        jungle animal instink! Mass-staria!

        ;-D

        Ki no Torahime