Re: [SCA-JML] sources for medieval Japanese music in western notation

  • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 11, 2006
      > Ii dono!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! The problem is not printing from JSTOR it is
      > accessing JSTOR. You have to be logged in at an institution which
      > belongs to JSTOR or have an account assigned by such an institution.
      > So, if you know a local university or college which lets you attach
      > your computer to their network, you are probably in business. All you
      > have to do is download the articles as pdf files and study them at your
      > convenience.

      Yes, but some institutions charge for that access. Others charge only
      if you are printing out the articles (so you can read it online, via
      their account, for free, but if you are going to print it out or
      otherwise copy it and take it with you, you have to pay). I believe
      this varies from institution to institution.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 12, 2006

        > I do not know what JSTOR is.

        It is an on-line library of journal articles which research wonks like
        to use. Currently, Monumenta Nipponica has a 5 year rolling window on
        the articles. Basically, anything they published before 2001 is on
        line.