Re: [SCA-JML] Yoroi questions

  • Joshua Badgley
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2000
      On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

      > > Also, I am still looking for good shoelace
      > > on steroids but selection is rather limited at the moment and I may be
      > > relegated to parachute cord or something similar until I can find better
      > > lacing.
      >
      > Hie thee to Hancock's Fabrics. Get a product called "Sew-Perfect" braid. It's
      > their store brand, so all their braid is "Sew-Perfect." But you know what
      > Japanese lacing looks like. Sew-Perfect comes in 1/4 and 7/16" widths (the
      > latter is perfect), and in white, dk blue, red, and black (that I know of).
      > For a 100-yd spool I think it's like 50 bucks.

      Okay, I went to Hancock Fabrics (www.hancockfabrics.com) and saw nothing
      more than a 1/2" horsehair Sew Perfect braid. I've sent them messages,
      but their webmaster's e-mail appears to be full. I am waiting on this one
      piece before I can continue my armor, so if anyone can help me find
      1/4" 'shoelace on steroids' braid, I would be ever so grateful.

      -Godric Logan