Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese images for face painting?

    Message 1 of 69 , Nov 17, 2005

      Greetings from Solveig! Radio controlled model airplanes are fun for
      kids too. So, I will expect you to show up with a small squadron? I
      believe that children have been around for millenia and have been
      finding things to play with during that time. There are in fact quite a
      few play activities which children younger than about 12 years old
      regularly engaged in in premodern Japan.

      The really sad thing is that appeals to the word "creative" in SCA
      usually immediately precede a proposal for something which is not
      merely modern, but fairly unimaginative.

    • Erin Kelly
      Message 69 of 69 , Nov 28, 2005
        Did someone say cat-apult?
        http://www.mcphee.com/items/11418.html

        No, totally not period. They come in ninja, though! (Okay, still not
        appropriate... ;)
        http://www.mcphee.com/categories/catapults.html

        lurker ERIN