Re: A few over-robe questions

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 15, 2005
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Yamana Hitomi <yamana.hitomi@c...> wrote:
      > The 15" sleeves look too short to me. I experimented with half the
      body
      > length before folding, and that looked good at about 36" long finished,
      > but I wanted a second opinion. For refrence this is a cutting layout
      > that I've used.

      Look at the proportions on this 16th century garment:
      http://www3.kyohaku.go.jp/knm/pict/c019185.jpg

      And on the kids playing in this 16th century screen:
      http://www.wodefordhall.com/paddle2.jpg

      Period kosode have small sleeves.

      I'm three inches taller than you, have very long arms and a 16" to
      16.5" X 30" sleeve panel is plenty big on me.
      http://www.wodefordhall.com/yellowfront.jpg
      Remember too, your shoulder seams will be well below the shoulder, so
      that will drop the sleeve down your arm a bit.

      Saionji