I'm Not Dead - After Action Report from the Deputy Autocrat

  • akiyo@runbox.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
      Aloha!

      Firstly, I'd like to thank everybody who attended Treachery on the Tokaido. Your mere presence made the spiff level go up at least three notches. I would especially like to thank Takeda-dono for making a delicious lunch for the Royals.

      Everything seems like a blurr. From what I hear people had a fabulous time and the group really pulled off a great event. The heavy tournament was a "dice tournament;" which is rarely done around here. Combatants rolled 1 die to determine their weapon and another die to determine what part of their body was disabled. The fighters tell me that they had a blast. The rapier scenarios were confusing but I'm sure that it made sense if you were participating. The archery range was amazing. There were two moving targets: the rotating pell and the pendulum. The Crescent Guard always does an amazing job with novelty shoots.

      Inside the hall we had children's activities, heralds' point, A&S competions and displays, merchants, a games table, a "Zen room," and the infamous game. I just wish I had more time to look at and do everything that we offered. There really was something for everybody.

      Court was long. The herald doing Baronial court was new and the brains, er, Baroness was in the kitchen being head cook.

      I'm sorry that people weren't able to get on board for feast because, if it's possible, the food tasted better than it smelled! I have 8 words: "one half pound of tuna sashimi per table." The feast was broken down into 4 courses: the Japanese course, the Iberian Peninsula course, the Low Country course, and dessert. The recipes that the Cooks Guild used from Mistress AnneLiese's webpage were so delicious, especially the kara-ni. People have been raving about the mushrooms. The lamb with peach sauce in the second course was, there are no words to describe the lamb. I'll post a copy of the menu to the files section.

      So, same time next year? Somebody else can autocrat.

      Akiyo
    • ekoogler1@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
        It all sounds great...but I wish we could move it off of my birthday weekend! Next year, I'll be having my 65th birthday party on Saturday, October 28! Sigh.

        Kiri

      • mokurai
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2005
          It was indeed a very good event. Working with Takeda-dono, I was
          somewhat distracted and did not see everything, but the atmosphere
          during the day was very nice and cheery. The A&S display was fantastic.
          The meditation area was very kawaii. I am very sorry I missed the feast,
          but I will pass along to Mistress Anne Liese that her info was useful
          (we're glad we could help). Special cheers to Abe-dono for her shell
          game. It certainly deserved to win! I look forward to playing one day.

          gassho,

          - mokurai