Magic Light Rail

  • James Eckman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2005
      >Actually, the half-floor of the Shinjuku store which is devoted to
      >foreign language books is generally speaking better than many if not
      >most North American bookstores for most subjects which interest me.

      Agreed, especially about most. But not all, if your on a budget do not
      go to the Oriental Bookstore in Pasadena ;)

      >However, why bother going to Shinjuku hon-ten and then restricting
      >yourself to the foreign language section? The real action is on all
      >those other floors crammed with all of those beautiful Japanese books!

      True, but while the LA light rail runs the same cars as Tokyo, they
      haven't got the transporter section finished yet. Hollywood, Hollywood
      station! Next stop Shinjuku Station!! ;)

      Jim Eckman
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2005

        Please do not suggest such things. I had really really really bad
        culture shock for the first two years in Boston for graduate school
        after Tokyo. All I wanted to do was get on the subway and go home.