Re: [SCA-JML] Hello

  • Sanjaasuren
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 3, 2005
      Thank you so much for all your help; all the information narrows it all down
      and makes it easier for me to start- when i started looking through
      everything the other day i just got lost- I had no clue what i was getting
      into- so many different styles and layers, and no idea what all the stuff
      was. Thank you because I know the question i asked has probably also been
      overdone. Hopefully I can make something he and I will both be proud of!
      aurealfae
      --
      If it's a question of whether to do what's fun or what is
      supposed to be good for you, and nobody is hurt by which-

      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 3, 2005

        Greetings from Solveig! The modern obi is generally wider for both
        males and females than were their premodern precursors. You should not
        in general duplicate the width of a modern obi. Others have already
        talked about the kosode, but I figured that someone should say
        something about the "obi" as well. Incidentally, the modern obi is tied
        in back. Its premodern precursors were generally tied in front.

        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 3, 2005
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@a...>
          wrote:

          > Noble Cousins!
          >
          > Greetings from Solveig! The modern obi is generally wider for both
          > males and females than were their premodern precursors. You should not
          > in general duplicate the width of a modern obi. Others have already
          > talked about the kosode, but I figured that someone should say
          > something about the "obi" as well. Incidentally, the modern obi is tied
          > in back. Its premodern precursors were generally tied in front.

          My web page has instructions on how to construct obi and appropriate
          pre-1600 dimensions. http://www.wodefordhall.com/kosode.htm

          Apologies if any links are wonky, I've just moved to a new web host.