Treachery on the Tokaido -- after-event report

  • Anthony Bryant
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2005
      Just have to give a brief after-event report:

      Great event. I got a chance to meet up with some folks I hadn't seen in
      a long time, and met up some really nice new folks. There were some
      stunning outfits -- there was a lovely lady there in a multi-layered
      traditional Russian outfit with a tall pearled headdress (I didn't get
      her name), a lady named Katherine who looked like she walked out of a
      Durer painting, and the lovely and talented Kha-Khan Rowena. Oh, there
      were some guys there, too, I think....

      I heard nice things about the cooks' guild, but missed pre-reg for the
      feast so I'll just have to say that dinner looked and smelled impressive
      as all get out. Court was excruciatingly long.

      There was some good fighting out there in the cold, but my toes couldn't
      deal with it.

      Particularly nice was having *two* of my apprentices in one place at the
      same time, and to get to see and experience first-hand the results of
      their work -- an excellent Japanese feast by Takeda 31ro for TRM, and a
      spiff kozane armour by Date Toshinobu of the Southern Date. The third
      was represented by his wife -- Abe-dono was spiffily in drag making her
      husband Lord Ii Katsumori's kariginu look good. She also took first
      prize for her handmade set for a kai-awase game.

      Great time. I'd like to express my thanks and admiration to Taira no
      Akiyo-hime for a fine event, and apologize for the "assassin's game"
      hullaballoo. It was scarcely noticeable off in the background somewhere.

      Thanks, everyone, for a WONDERFUL time.