open mouth insert foot - with geta still on

  • lynnx@enteract.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2000
      Apologies if i offended thee Effingham...

      (i said)

      > I just can't wait til the one you're ***buying*** me gets
      > here!

      The above sentence was supposed to have a ;-) (or ^v^ in
      "J-ASCII") - i haven't figgered out how to make a horizontal
      winky face :-b

      > YIS
      > s.e. of the Finite Income
      (and a :-P or something after that one)

      BTW did I scare you off sending that kataginu pattern with
      those "No I'd use my other pattern for bugging the APs"
      remarks? Actually though I do want a real (or reasonably
      so) kataginu pattern, i wouldn't be wearing Edo at SCA - i'd
      do it more for a Victorian thingie.

      Besides, the coat hanger I use to hold the "wings" out are
      Not A Nice Thing to do to your friends.

      YIS
      s.e.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2000
        lynnx@... wrote:

        > Apologies if i offended thee Effingham...

        No, not at all. I just wanted to make sure everyone understood the context
        I was using, and didn't want anyone to thing I was suggesting people doing
        Japanese in the SCA had to buy bugkiller dictionaries to be taken
        seriously.

        > BTW did I scare you off sending that kataginu pattern with
        > those "No I'd use my other pattern for bugging the APs"
        > remarks? Actually though I do want a real (or reasonably
        > so) kataginu pattern, i wouldn't be wearing Edo at SCA - i'd
        > do it more for a Victorian thingie.

        No, not at all. I just haven't been able to get off to the copy shop with
        the book. There are so many things that I need to go out to do that are not
        top-level critical right now. Heck, I haven't even had a haircut since just
        before Pennsic! Sigh....