Re: [SCA-JML] Proper Japane$e Language $tudy Book$

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2000
      lynnx@... wrote:

      > (catching up LIFO style...)
      >
      > Yes yes! A dude after mine own heart.
      >
      > I just can't wait til the one you're ***buying*** me gets
      > here!
      >
      > YIS
      > s.e. of the Finite Income
      >
      > > And I have little sympathy for them when the prof lays into
      > > them for "not being serious" about studying the language.

      You have to remember I'm talking about graduate students trying for PhDs in
      the field of Japanese studies or linguistics, who don't own a Japanese
      dictionary beyond the pocket J-E/E-J variety.

      If they want to study, they need to get real dictionaries; those who don't
      *can't* be serious about their work. No?