Re: [SCA-JML] Spear 'sheath'

  • sigrune@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2005
      >Is this just for decoration, to look like there is a spear head inside?
      >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7349502858&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
      >
      >Alcyoneus

      I'm not quite sure of your question, but I assume if you are asking if this is a real saya for a jumonji-yari. (Not sure if the term is wholly correct, too tired to look it up... spearhead shaped like kanji for the number 10)

      I would have to say that it is not a real saya, there is no point for the "ju" bits to enter, and while maybe a straight yari was inserted, the hole is probably just for a shaft. I would guess it is ceremonial only, sankin-kotai and all.
      I have purchased once from this buyer before, and was quite satisfied by his representation of the product, the final price, and his service.

      Hope this answers your question.
      -Takeda Akimasa