Tattsuke-bakama Re: [SCA-JML] Pleats on Hakama

  • Elizabeth Chase
    Message 1 of 42 , Sep 15, 2005
      Thank you, milady, for taking your time to look up these descriptions....

      However, what I seek is the pleating for the ones use in COMBAT--- tattsuke-bakama.

      Since I have to have them done by this Sunday, I'll probably just wind up with the other suggestion I received to make an odd number instead of even.

      Appreciatively,

      Lizzie

      Greetings from Solveig! I'm not sure how to count pleats, so I am
      giving exterior gather lines. These counts do not include either the
      inner edge or outer edge of the section.

      The outer hakama shown on page 4 of the nuikata book has 4 gathers on
      the front and 4 on the back.

      The long hakama shown on page 11 of the nuikata book has has 5 gather
      lines in the front and 4 gather lines in the back.

      The white underwear hakama show on page 18 has four gather lines in the
      front and two in the back.

      The white hakama of Fujiwara Kiyohira shown on page 22 has indistinct
      gather lines but a detail show 3 in the back and 5 in the front.

      The white brocade hakama of Fujiwara Kiyohira shown on page 22 has four
      gather lines in front and two in back.

      The hakama of a young boy shown on page 30 have two gather lines in
      front and none in back.

      The hakama of the kamishimo set shown on page 37 has 4 gather lines in
      front and none in back.

      The outer dance hakama on page 41 has no gather lines in front but 4 in
      back.

      The red hakama on page 41 has 4 gather lines front and 4 in back.

      The hakama on page 43 has 4 gather lines front and 4 in back.

      Solveig
    • JESSICA DODGE
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 20, 2005
        *fainted*
        I have seen it now! WOW! I love the site. I have book marked it and am going to go indepth at a time when I can spend an hour or so. This link Is extremely helpful, and I really love the diagrams!
        Thank you,
        Hotaru

        wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, JESSICA DODGE <kaythiarain@y...> wrote:
        > My goodness, I hope I will get this straight soon. I am tired of
        sounding like a fool.

        Patience. You're only a fool if you DON'T ask questions. We're all
        still learning too.

        Have you been here yet? If you go to the Costume History In Japan
        section, each mannequin photo appears with a sketch (scroll down to
        the bottom of the page) and each item of clothing is named and
        identified. The "Explanation" bar will open a window that will tell
        you more.
        http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/

        The following site is for *modern* kimono, but it does offer a
        glossary of terms that might turn out to be of use to you:
        http://www.yamatoku.jp/classic/glossary.htm

        Ask questions!

        Saionji no Hanae, called Makiwara

        > Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@a...> wrote:
        > Noble Cousin!
        >
        > Greetings from Solveig!
        >
        > > The kosode is not decorated, at least I have never
        > > seen one yet. And the yukata's are decroated in many
        > > layers.
        >
        > I suspect that you have your terms backwards. A yukata IS a bathrobe.
        > It doesn't just look like one, it IS one. A kosode IS daywear and IS
        > frequently worn in multiple layers. Yukata frequently are made from
        > cotton prints. Kosode can be in patterned silk and all sorts of stuff.
        > You pay about $15.00 for a yukata and about $1500.00 for a custom made
        > silk kosode.
        >
        > Your Humble
        Servant
        > Solveig
        Throndardottir
        > Amateur Scholar

        > | Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D. | Solveig Throndardottir, CoM, CoS,
        Fleur |
        > | deMoivre Institute | Carolingia Statis Mentis Est
        |
        > | mailto:nostrand@a... | mailto:Solveig@d... |

        > Credit history Vehicle history Vehicle history report Vehicle
        history search Vehicle history vin Vehicle history record

        Service.