Re: [SCA-JML] Re: akunoya questions

  • Dean Wayland
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
      Greetings Solveig,

      You wrote:
      >Greetings from Solveig! Contrary to customary Society practice for wind
      >walls, Japanese jinmaku generally have the kamon on all segments. I am
      >not sure that I understood your posting correctly, but it sounded like
      >you were putting different kamon on different panels.

      Ah, no, the same KAMON is being used on all panels, it's just that we
      have run out of time to get all the required ones done. One curtain (our
      first) was design for three, and it has such. Of the other three
      curtains, which are intended to have five crests each, two have a single
      KAMON in the centre and the last one has none. All, are presently only
      painted upon one side of the fabric, but all KAMON are identical. The
      overall design is 40 inches in diameter and is the negative version of
      that shown at the following link. Its painted in red upon three
      horizontal strips of a very pale blue flax linen fabric, the top and
      bottom panels (its 5 high) are in dark blue:

      http://www.thefightschool.demon.co.uk/SHOGUN.htm

      The painting process has turned out to be much, much slower than
      originally anticipated, and the general assembly has destroyed 3 sewing
      machines, and driven the maker a wee bit crazy:-) At the current rate
      it'll be fully done by Christmas!

      Yours

      Dean
      ***