Re: [SCA-JML] Digest Number 1902

  • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21 3:10 PM
      On 8/18/05, Robert Andrade <robertandrade@...> wrote:

      > The Katana is not overrated and it is the prefferd weapon of

      I think you are right on about comparing weapons of different cultures. On
      the other hand I have to take issue with saying that "the katana is not
      overrated", as I think that too many people do overrate it--believing it to
      be something mystical. For those like yourself and others who have a love of
      it, awareness of its purpose, use, and what it is and is not good for all
      come into play. However, I still hear people claiming that it will perform
      mystical feats that are just beyond the ability of a piece of steel.