Re: [SCA-JML] Fwd: Kite Flying at Pennsic

  • Diane Taylor
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
      Oh please please... Pictures!!

      My first event, ever, was Pennsic in 1983. I hear it's
      grown a lot since then. But if you could get pictures
      of the kites, I'd be very grateful.

      I think the kite flying is going to be incredibly fun
      out there.

      Stay cool and keep in touch,
      Qara Unegen

      --- akiyo@... wrote:

      > Aloha All!
      >
      > This came over another list I'm on.
      >
      > Akiyo
      >
      > >> Tuesday afternoon of War Week, from 3-6 we
      > (that's you too) will have
      > >> the area behind the Fort for "Period" Kite
      > Flying. We are asked to be
      > >> careful of the Thrown Weapons Range, so lets not
      > scare them too much.
      > >>
      > >> I have about 8 Japanese style kites available for
      > anyone's use,
      > >> however, the cicada one is mine! Please bring
      > string and "tail"
      > >> material if you feel your kite might need it. If
      > you have your own
      > >> kite/s- by all means bring them along and have
      > fun with the rest of
      > >> us.
      > >>
      > >> Safe travel and see you all soon!
      > >>
      > >> -Rowan Berran
      > >> Baroness and all that jazz...
      > >>

      > >> Live not a low life; remember and forget not;
      > follow not wrong ideas;
      > >> sink not into the world. -The Buddha

      Keep in touch,
      Diane Taylor
      http://dianet8.tripod.com

      Poseidon's Heart: Available now at Triskelion Publication
      The Montegard Files: Shadow Demon - Available now at Triskelion Publishing
      Majestic Lion: Comming Soon.
      Ares in Chains: Work in Progress

      Writers don't get mad, They write Books!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • akiyo@runbox.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
        Hopefully somebody will take pictures. I don't have a digital camera or scanner so I'm no help. Must sew garb....aargh!

        Akiyo

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
          Mope. Mope. Mope, mope, mope.

          Must see about getting some kites in the air at Estrella.....

          Makiwara
        • scadragon@juno.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2005
            This will be my third consecuitive Pennsic that I have missed---

            but hope to be back for number 35!
            please post photos!

            Wish I was there

            Takeda Tochiro