Fwd: Kite Flying at Pennsic

  • akiyo@runbox.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
      Aloha All!

      This came over another list I'm on.

      Akiyo

      >> Tuesday afternoon of War Week, from 3-6 we (that's you too) will have
      >> the area behind the Fort for "Period" Kite Flying. We are asked to be
      >> careful of the Thrown Weapons Range, so lets not scare them too much.
      >>
      >> I have about 8 Japanese style kites available for anyone's use,
      >> however, the cicada one is mine! Please bring string and "tail"
      >> material if you feel your kite might need it. If you have your own
      >> kite/s- by all means bring them along and have fun with the rest of
      >> us.
      >>
      >> Safe travel and see you all soon!
      >>
      >> -Rowan Berran
      >> Baroness and all that jazz...
      >>

      >> Live not a low life; remember and forget not; follow not wrong ideas;
      >> sink not into the world. -The Buddha
    • Diane Taylor
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
        Oh please please... Pictures!!

        My first event, ever, was Pennsic in 1983. I hear it's
        grown a lot since then. But if you could get pictures
        of the kites, I'd be very grateful.

        I think the kite flying is going to be incredibly fun
        out there.

        Stay cool and keep in touch,
        Qara Unegen

        --- akiyo@... wrote:

        > Aloha All!
        >
        > This came over another list I'm on.
        >
        > Akiyo
        >
        > >> Tuesday afternoon of War Week, from 3-6 we
        > (that's you too) will have
        > >> the area behind the Fort for "Period" Kite
        > Flying. We are asked to be
        > >> careful of the Thrown Weapons Range, so lets not
        > scare them too much.
        > >>
        > >> I have about 8 Japanese style kites available for
        > anyone's use,
        > >> however, the cicada one is mine! Please bring
        > string and "tail"
        > >> material if you feel your kite might need it. If
        > you have your own
        > >> kite/s- by all means bring them along and have
        > fun with the rest of
        > >> us.
        > >>
        > >> Safe travel and see you all soon!
        > >>
        > >> -Rowan Berran
        > >> Baroness and all that jazz...
        > >>

        > >> Live not a low life; remember and forget not;
        > follow not wrong ideas;
        > >> sink not into the world. -The Buddha

        Keep in touch,
        Diane Taylor
        http://dianet8.tripod.com

        Poseidon's Heart: Available now at Triskelion Publication
        The Montegard Files: Shadow Demon - Available now at Triskelion Publishing
        Majestic Lion: Comming Soon.
        Ares in Chains: Work in Progress

        Writers don't get mad, They write Books!

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • akiyo@runbox.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
          Hopefully somebody will take pictures. I don't have a digital camera or scanner so I'm no help. Must sew garb....aargh!

          Akiyo

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
            Mope. Mope. Mope, mope, mope.

            Must see about getting some kites in the air at Estrella.....

            Makiwara
          • scadragon@juno.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2005
              This will be my third consecuitive Pennsic that I have missed---

              but hope to be back for number 35!
              please post photos!

              Wish I was there

              Takeda Tochiro