Ebay armor book, Eff???? (ends in 10 hrs)

  • Park McKellop
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2005
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4560979539&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

      Japanese book: "Shin katchushi meikan [Revised - Signature Collection of Armor Makers]" by Sasama Yoshihiko. Softcover with dustjacket, 6" x 8.5", 381 pages, 2000, like new. This is an illustrated dictionary of katchushi (armor makers) showing: katchushi's name in kanji, in hiragana, and in romaji, biographical sketch, and b/w photo of his work and his mei samples (where available) taken from armor, helmet, and tsuba.

      I can't buy it, but want to know if it is any good.

      Alcyoneus

    • Simone Kirkegard
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2005
        Hey, whaley, do gei kai?

        YEAH, it is awesome. Detailed and full, but most
        useful for collectors, antiquarians, and such . . .
        people 'in the know'. it don't have diagrams for
        making plastic helmets or anything.

        also, considering it's Y4,400 I have to laugh just a
        little, tiny bit at the price this guy is charging.
        But he'll find a samurai afficianado somewhere who'll
        snap it up . . .

        BOOKOFF,
        TYPHOON KAMI.

        --- Park McKellop <squire009@...> skrev:

        ---------------------------------
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4560979539&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

        Japanese book: "Shin katchushi meikan [Revised -
        Signature Collection of Armor Makers]" by Sasama
        Yoshihiko. Softcover with dustjacket, 6" x 8.5", 381
        pages, 2000, like new. This is an illustrated
        dictionary of katchushi (armor makers) showing:
        katchushi's name in kanji, in hiragana, and in romaji,
        biographical sketch, and b/w photo of his work and his
        mei samples (where available) taken from armor,
        helmet, and tsuba.

        I can't buy it, but want to know if it is any good.

        Alcyoneus

        UNSUBSCRIBE: E-mail
        sca-jml-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Terms of Service.