Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese tent

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005

      Greetings from Solveig! That is "dono" or "tono" not "domo". And, yes,
      in most cultures it is seldom polite to attach honourifics or titles to
      your own name.

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005
        Bad Solveig! No biscuit! You should have checked out the original
        message and seen that they were saying "thank you".

      • Kenneth Kruse
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
          Oh, my deepest apologies

          Otagiri Tatsuzou <ronbroberg@...> wrote:
          >> soma_masayuki <soma_masayuki@y...> wrote:
          >> Would a Roman wall tent with 6ft walls be close to a Japanese tent.
          >>
          >> domo,
          >> Masayuki
          >>
          > By the way the correct way of honorifics are (name)-Domo, not Domo,
          (name). And you never refer to your self as (name)-Domo, it is used
          toward others (e.x. Yusa-domo)

          > Yusa Tatsuaki

          Close, but no cigar, Yusa-dono. The honorific is *-dono*, not *domo*.
          Masayuki-dono was using *domo* as a shortened form of *domo arigato*
          (thank you).

          Otagiri

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005

            Greetings from Solveig! Is old mail be resent by a server somewhere?

            On 2005 Aug 10, at 9:49 PM, Kenneth Kruse wrote:

            > Oh, my deepest apologies
            >
            > Otagiri Tatsuzou <ronbroberg@...> wrote:
            >>> soma_masayuki <soma_masayuki@y...> wrote:
            >>> Would a Roman wall tent with 6ft walls be close to a Japanese tent.
            >>>
            >>> domo,
            >>> Masayuki
            >>>
            >> By the way the correct way of honorifics are (name)-Domo, not Domo,
            > (name). And you never refer to your self as (name)-Domo, it is used
            > toward others (e.x. Yusa-domo)
            >>
            >> Yusa Tatsuaki
            >>

            > Close, but no cigar, Yusa-dono. The honorific is *-dono*, not *domo*.
            > Masayuki-dono was using *domo* as a shortened form of *domo arigato*
            > (thank you).
            >
            > Otagiri

          • Kenneth Kruse
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 11, 2005
              Hmmm, it should had been sent by sender only, I sent it sorry

              Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote: Noble Cousins!

              Greetings from Solveig! Is old mail be resent by a server somewhere?

              On 2005 Aug 10, at 9:49 PM, Kenneth Kruse wrote:

              > Oh, my deepest apologies
              >
              > Otagiri Tatsuzou <ronbroberg@...> wrote:
              >>> soma_masayuki <soma_masayuki@y...> wrote:
              >>> Would a Roman wall tent with 6ft walls be close to a Japanese tent.
              >>>
              >>> domo,
              >>> Masayuki
              >>>
              >> By the way the correct way of honorifics are (name)-Domo, not Domo,
              > (name). And you never refer to your self as (name)-Domo, it is used
              > toward others (e.x. Yusa-domo)
              >>
              >> Yusa Tatsuaki
              >>

              > Close, but no cigar, Yusa-dono. The honorific is *-dono*, not *domo*.
              > Masayuki-dono was using *domo* as a shortened form of *domo arigato*
              > (thank you).
              >
              > Otagiri

              Living history Used car history Vehicle history

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 22, 2005

                Yes. I am still trying to get mail working again.

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 22, 2005