Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese tent

  • Elaine Koogler
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005
      Kenneth Kruse wrote:

      > By the way the correct way of honorifics are (name)-Domo, not Domo,
      > (name). And you never refer to your self as (name)-Domo, it is used
      > toward others (e.x. Yusa-domo)
      >
      > Yusa Tatsuaki
      >
      > soma_masayuki <soma_masayuki@...> wrote:
      > Would a Roman wall tent with 6ft walls be close to a Japanese tent.
      >
      > domo,
      > Masayuki

      I think this person was saying "thank you", not using the title for
      themselves! As in "Domo Arigato...etc."

      Kiri
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005

        Greetings from Solveig! That is "dono" or "tono" not "domo". And, yes,
        in most cultures it is seldom polite to attach honourifics or titles to
        your own name.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005
          Bad Solveig! No biscuit! You should have checked out the original
          message and seen that they were saying "thank you".

        • Kenneth Kruse
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005
            Oh, my deepest apologies

            Otagiri Tatsuzou <ronbroberg@...> wrote:
            >> soma_masayuki <soma_masayuki@y...> wrote:
            >> Would a Roman wall tent with 6ft walls be close to a Japanese tent.
            >>
            >> domo,
            >> Masayuki
            >>
            > By the way the correct way of honorifics are (name)-Domo, not Domo,
            (name). And you never refer to your self as (name)-Domo, it is used
            toward others (e.x. Yusa-domo)

            > Yusa Tatsuaki

            Close, but no cigar, Yusa-dono. The honorific is *-dono*, not *domo*.
            Masayuki-dono was using *domo* as a shortened form of *domo arigato*
            (thank you).

            Otagiri

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 10, 2005

              Greetings from Solveig! Is old mail be resent by a server somewhere?

              On 2005 Aug 10, at 9:49 PM, Kenneth Kruse wrote:

              > Oh, my deepest apologies
              >
              > Otagiri Tatsuzou <ronbroberg@...> wrote:
              >>> soma_masayuki <soma_masayuki@y...> wrote:
              >>> Would a Roman wall tent with 6ft walls be close to a Japanese tent.
              >>>
              >>> domo,
              >>> Masayuki
              >>>
              >> By the way the correct way of honorifics are (name)-Domo, not Domo,
              > (name). And you never refer to your self as (name)-Domo, it is used
              > toward others (e.x. Yusa-domo)
              >>
              >> Yusa Tatsuaki
              >>

              > Close, but no cigar, Yusa-dono. The honorific is *-dono*, not *domo*.
              > Masayuki-dono was using *domo* as a shortened form of *domo arigato*
              > (thank you).
              >
              > Otagiri

            • Kenneth Kruse
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 11, 2005
                Hmmm, it should had been sent by sender only, I sent it sorry

                Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote: Noble Cousins!

                Greetings from Solveig! Is old mail be resent by a server somewhere?

                On 2005 Aug 10, at 9:49 PM, Kenneth Kruse wrote:

                > Oh, my deepest apologies
                >
                > Otagiri Tatsuzou <ronbroberg@...> wrote:
                >>> soma_masayuki <soma_masayuki@y...> wrote:
                >>> Would a Roman wall tent with 6ft walls be close to a Japanese tent.
                >>>
                >>> domo,
                >>> Masayuki
                >>>
                >> By the way the correct way of honorifics are (name)-Domo, not Domo,
                > (name). And you never refer to your self as (name)-Domo, it is used
                > toward others (e.x. Yusa-domo)
                >>
                >> Yusa Tatsuaki
                >>

                > Close, but no cigar, Yusa-dono. The honorific is *-dono*, not *domo*.
                > Masayuki-dono was using *domo* as a shortened form of *domo arigato*
                > (thank you).
                >
                > Otagiri

                Living history Used car history Vehicle history

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 22, 2005

                  Yes. I am still trying to get mail working again.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 22, 2005