Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese tent

  • Kenneth Kruse
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 3, 2005
      By the way the correct way of honorifics are (name)-Domo, not Domo, (name). And you never refer to your self as (name)-Domo, it is used toward others (e.x. Yusa-domo)

      Yusa Tatsuaki

      soma_masayuki <soma_masayuki@...> wrote:
      Would a Roman wall tent with 6ft walls be close to a Japanese tent.

      domo,
      Masayuki

      ---------------------------------

    • Otagiri Tatsuzou
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 3, 2005
        >> soma_masayuki <soma_masayuki@y...> wrote:
        >> Would a Roman wall tent with 6ft walls be close to a Japanese tent.
        >>
        >> domo,
        >> Masayuki
        >>
        > By the way the correct way of honorifics are (name)-Domo, not Domo,
        (name). And you never refer to your self as (name)-Domo, it is used
        toward others (e.x. Yusa-domo)

        > Yusa Tatsuaki

        Close, but no cigar, Yusa-dono. The honorific is *-dono*, not *domo*.
        Masayuki-dono was using *domo* as a shortened form of *domo arigato*
        (thank you).

        Otagiri
      • Elaine Koogler
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005
          Kenneth Kruse wrote:

          > By the way the correct way of honorifics are (name)-Domo, not Domo,
          > (name). And you never refer to your self as (name)-Domo, it is used
          > toward others (e.x. Yusa-domo)
          >
          > Yusa Tatsuaki
          >
          > soma_masayuki <soma_masayuki@...> wrote:
          > Would a Roman wall tent with 6ft walls be close to a Japanese tent.
          >
          > domo,
          > Masayuki

          I think this person was saying "thank you", not using the title for
          themselves! As in "Domo Arigato...etc."

          Kiri
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005
            Noble Cousin!

            Greetings from Solveig! That is "dono" or "tono" not "domo". And, yes,
            in most cultures it is seldom polite to attach honourifics or titles to
            your own name.

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005
              Bad Solveig! No biscuit! You should have checked out the original
              message and seen that they were saying "thank you".

            • Kenneth Kruse
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 10 6:49 PM
                Oh, my deepest apologies

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 10 7:19 PM
                  Noble Cousins!

                  Greetings from Solveig! Is old mail be resent by a server somewhere?

                  On 2005 Aug 10, at 9:49 PM, Kenneth Kruse wrote:

                  > Oh, my deepest apologies
                  >
                  > Otagiri Tatsuzou <ronbroberg@...> wrote:
                  >>> soma_masayuki <soma_masayuki@y...> wrote:
                  >>> Would a Roman wall tent with 6ft walls be close to a Japanese tent.
                  >>>
                  >>> domo,
                  >>> Masayuki
                  >>>
                  >> By the way the correct way of honorifics are (name)-Domo, not Domo,
                  > (name). And you never refer to your self as (name)-Domo, it is used
                  > toward others (e.x. Yusa-domo)
                  >>
                  >> Yusa Tatsuaki
                  >>

                  > Close, but no cigar, Yusa-dono. The honorific is *-dono*, not *domo*.
                  > Masayuki-dono was using *domo* as a shortened form of *domo arigato*
                  > (thank you).
                  >
                  > Otagiri

                • Kenneth Kruse
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 11 1:18 PM
                    Hmmm, it should had been sent by sender only, I sent it sorry

                    Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote: Noble Cousins!

                    Greetings from Solveig! Is old mail be resent by a server somewhere?

                    On 2005 Aug 10, at 9:49 PM, Kenneth Kruse wrote:

                    > Oh, my deepest apologies
                    >
                    > Otagiri Tatsuzou <ronbroberg@...> wrote:
                    >>> soma_masayuki <soma_masayuki@y...> wrote:
                    >>> Would a Roman wall tent with 6ft walls be close to a Japanese tent.
                    >>>
                    >>> domo,
                    >>> Masayuki
                    >>>
                    >> By the way the correct way of honorifics are (name)-Domo, not Domo,
                    > (name). And you never refer to your self as (name)-Domo, it is used
                    > toward others (e.x. Yusa-domo)
                    >>
                    >> Yusa Tatsuaki
                    >>

                    > Close, but no cigar, Yusa-dono. The honorific is *-dono*, not *domo*.
                    > Masayuki-dono was using *domo* as a shortened form of *domo arigato*
                    > (thank you).
                    >
                    > Otagiri

                    Living history Used car history Vehicle history

                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 22 3:22 PM

                      Yes. I am still trying to get mail working again.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 22 4:57 PM