For the Japanese-Literate

  • cschutrick
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2005
      Poking around one of the sites that was posted, I came upon the
      following page: http://www.takata-courtrobe.co.jp/ins6.htm. Might
      someone who can read Japanese tell me what exactly is being sold
      here? It looks an awful lot like a set of color samples for layered
      Heian robes--I'm pretty sure I recognize 'waka shobu' in there, for
      example, as well as one of the wisteria combinations.

      I don't seem to be findng anything that looks like yardage on sale,
      though, unless it's on one of the pages that has no pictures...

      --Hino no Miyuke
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2005

        > Poking around one of the sites that was posted, I came upon the
        > following page: http://www.takata-courtrobe.co.jp/ins6.htm. Might
        > someone who can read Japanese tell me what exactly is being sold
        > here? It looks an awful lot like a set of color samples for layered
        > Heian robes--I'm pretty sure I recognize 'waka shobu' in there, for
        > example, as well as one of the wisteria combinations.

        What you found is an advertisement for books one of which is so
        expensive that I am not even considering buying it.
        The other one is merely pricey.