Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese Fabric

  • John Doe
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 28, 2005
      that is true. Icould be wrong but hey what can I say the weaving is amazing

      Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote:Noble Cousin!

      Greetings from Solveig!
      > www.takata-courtrobe.co.jp there fabrics are 100% silk and hand woven
      > in Japan the company has been weaving this fabric for almost 2,000
      > years handed down from generation to generation there are some
      > textiles that they sell by the meter and they also sell 50cm. but
      > they also sell costumes as well of cource they are on the high end
      > side full ju-ni hitoe would estimate remind you it is only an
      > estimate not excact $300,000.00 they have men's courtcostumes as well
      There are virtually no institutions in Japan which are older than about
      1300 years. Advertising hype is one thing, taking it seriously is
      another.