Japanese Fabric

  • Julie
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 28, 2005
      I've poked around there but since I don't know any kanji I don't know which links to choose or what I'm looking at when I do strike an interesting picture...
      Julie
      ---- <sca-jml@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > Helo Julie-San
      >
      > try this website it is in Japanese only there is a web site that I
      > would like for you to try is www.yusoku.com
      > they are in Japan and also have hein garb. and they also have
      > textiles from that period as well in a doll size if you like to make
      > a small tote bag or book covers

    • John Doe
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 28, 2005
        here is a link to the heian2 from yusoku.com there is a lot of uchiki that you may like
        they also accept paypal as well or international money order Maruhashi-San speaks
        some english I have spoken with her a couple of times.

        I hope this will help

        Julie <jtknits@...> wrote:
        I've poked around there but since I don't know any kanji I don't know which links to choose or what I'm looking at when I do strike an interesting picture...
        Julie
        ---- <sca-jml@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > Helo Julie-San
        >
        > try this website it is in Japanese only there is a web site that I
        > would like for you to try is www.yusoku.com
        > they are in Japan and also have hein garb. and they also have
        > textiles from that period as well in a doll size if you like to make
        > a small tote bag or book covers

        ---------------------------------

      • John Doe
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 28, 2005
          Julie-San I forgot to tell you Gomenasai ( I am sorry) you click on the purpal and white circel
          above the image

          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 28, 2005

            Greetings from Solveig! They appear to sell festival costumes. I am
            sure that you will be more than happy with the least expensive versions
            that they offer. Their order form is at:
            http://www.yusoku.com/order.html. However, they do not list shipping
            costs for overseas delivery. If you happen to be in Kyouto, you may be
            able to pick up items in person. I suggest that you write to them, and
            enquire after overseas shipping costs. mailto:staff@... They
            appear to be prepared to sell either individual items, or complete
            outfits. If you can afford it, I suggest buying a complete outfit.

          • John Doe
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 28, 2005
              there is another website that you may like is the

              www.takata-courtrobe.co.jp there fabrics are 100% silk and hand woven in Japan the company has been weaving this fabric for almost 2,000 years handed down from generation to generation there are some textiles that they sell by the meter and they also sell 50cm.
              but they also sell costumes as well of cource they are on the high end side full ju-ni hitoe
              would estimate remind you it is only an estimate not excact $300,000.00
              they have men's courtcostumes as well

              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 28, 2005

                > www.takata-courtrobe.co.jp there fabrics are 100% silk and hand woven
                > in Japan the company has been weaving this fabric for almost 2,000
                > years handed down from generation to generation there are some
                > textiles that they sell by the meter and they also sell 50cm. but
                > they also sell costumes as well of cource they are on the high end
                > side full ju-ni hitoe would estimate remind you it is only an
                > estimate not excact $300,000.00 they have men's courtcostumes as well
                There are virtually no institutions in Japan which are older than about
                1300 years. Advertising hype is one thing, taking it seriously is
                another.

              • John Doe
                Message 7 of 26 , Jun 28, 2005
                  that is true. Icould be wrong but hey what can I say the weaving is amazing

                  Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote:Noble Cousin!

                  Greetings from Solveig!