RE: [SCA-JML] Hi, advice please

  • Aeternus
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
      Thanks everyone!

      I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. I'm a Squire of Duke Sir Stephen of Beckenham
      and he has absolutely zero interest in Japanese so your help is most
      appreciated.

      I did find this site with the "Effingham" plates:
      http://plasticlamellar.com/products.htm - would anyone have a photo of what
      these should look like assembled? That link to the Armour Archive thread
      was *most* helpful, I just love some of the kit there.

      Incidentally this is what I have commissioned to be made for my body armour:

      http://www.whiterosearmoury.co.uk/New%20Folder/P7100115.JPG

      I don't know what type of helmet goes with this or what the remainder of the
      armour should look like so your help is most welcome.

      I doubt I'll have the hard kit ready for Pennsic but if I can get a soft kit
      done to wear I'll count that as a huge triumph. :-)

      You know it's funny but this all started by me reading a book called Across
      the Nightingale Floor that I just *loved*. Is this book even remotely
      accurate? Any other recommended reading?

      Warm regards,

      A~

      P.S., If anyone could work Aeternus into a Japanese name I'll be your friend
      forever. :-)

      _____