Re: [SCA-JML] Spiffy book

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 46 , Oct 2, 2000
      Lord Godric!

      Greetings from Solveig! I've looked into this sort of thing before.
      According to the copyright and intellectual property office at
      Washington State University, we can freely use the original text.
      Any commentary or other annotations attached to the the original
      manuscript by a recent scholar are the property of that scholar.
      Again, according to the copyright office at WAZU a modern
      transcription of the text does not secure copyright to the
      transcriber except for taking facsimiles of the transcription
      itself. Short answer. Yes. We can transcribe the thing into HTML
      and put it up on the web and nobody can say BOO! If we do it,
      Project Gutenberg might even host the transcription.

      There is some controversy about whether or not a facsimile is
      a photograph protected by the Berne Convention. Some people
      argue that ANY photograph is protected by the convention.
      However, the text of the convention and the U.S. Copyright
      law do not directly support this claim by photographers.
      Rather, the convention and the law appears to protect art
      photography. That is photography as expressive art and not
      as a mechanical process of reproduction.

      | techie.com, msn.com |
    • Marc Choronzey
      Message 46 of 46 , Oct 9, 2000
        That's another one I forgot to ask about:

        Does anybody have a reliable yoroi hitatare pattern?

        -Shimaha.

        http://profiles.msn.com