Re: [SCA-JML] Title help?

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2005

      >Kenchou (Captain??) Yoarashi no Keikentaka; AoA

      Congratulations!

      The all purpose honourific suffix is -dono. As for "kenchou", that
      doesn't (to the best of my limited knowledge) work. There are lots of
      real titles out there to choose from. I would suggest something
      appopriate for the 9th or 10th rank. Baron Edward would probably
      suggest a higher rank. Why the difference? Baron Edward tends to
      equate kings with the Emperor while I tend to equate them with the
      Shougun. The title or more accurately office of Shougun carries with
      it the fifth rank. Regarless, if you would like to be a member of the
      palace guards, then you might be something or other nojou or
      something like that. As I mentione earlier, I in a hotel suite at the
      moment, and don't have my references with me. However, a number of
      references include tables of court and bakufu ranks and offices.

      | trash by my email filters. |