Re: [SCA-JML] Re: possible misattribution back to poetry

  • Jennifer Kobayashi
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24 1:34 PM
      --- "Ki no Torahime (Maria Gilson)" <tace@...>
      wrote:
      > Jennifer Kobayashi wrote:
      >

      > > --- sean_somers2002 <sean_somers2002@...>
      > wrote:
      > > > The poem wasn't even in 'period', as if that
      > would
      > > > even be possible in
      > > > English. And 'Karate-Kid' references to cranes
      > are,
      > > > in fact, rather
      > > > insulting.
      > > >
      > > Any criticisms of crane imagery I humbly claim are
      > > directed to me, and apologize to my honored cousin
      > Ki
      > > no Torahime for any confusion.
      > >
      > To the list, and most especially my most honored
      > cousin, Ki no Izumi-dono,
      >
      > First, my own apologies for my recent actions. The
      > cad spoke, and I
      > spoke back without thinking too much on the subject.
      > Tora means "tiger"
      > and my nature is alas, a bit fierce. Perhaps if I
      > spent less time
      > writing poetry and more time copying the Lotus
      > Sutra, I would be more
      > circumspect.
      >
      > Secondly, Izumi-dono, your cranes were fine, and I
      > should be flattered
      > if people mistook them as mine. :-)

      I Thank you.

      > Poetry, like anything else, takes practice.

      I agree wholeheartedly.
      < snip>

      > I am grateful, especially to the many people
      > on this list who
      > offer sources and encouragement and inspiration.

      As am I.

      > hope others may also
      > come to explore this wonderful art form.
      >
      > So, dear cousin, and those also reading, please keep
      > experimenting with
      > your poetry and poetry interactions in persona. We
      > all learn together.
      > That is why we are here.

      I intend to continue my humble attempts. Thank you
      dear cousin Torahime-hime, and all other
      experimenters, with whom I delight in the exchange of
      poetry as the inspiration strikes. Unworthy as I am,
      it still thrills me to contribute and brings a whiff
      of incense each time I open a new attempt.

      With humble gratitude,

      Ki no Izumi