Re: [SCA-JML] Spiffy book

  • Joshua Badgley
    Message 1 of 46 , Oct 2, 2000
      On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

      > Okay, folks...
      >
      > To use one of the favorite phrases of my long-gone dad, "I'm as happy as a pig in sh!t."
      >
      > I just got the greatest book; it's a facsimile print of "Arte da Lingoa de Iapam" by Fr. Ioão Rodriguez. That is to say, it's a copy of the original Portuguese grammar of Japanese (a fictional copy of which was given to Blackthorn by Fr. Alvito in the book Shogun). As many of you may know, Rodriguez was Tçuccu-sama, that is, the character on whom Alvito ("Tsuku-san") of Shogun fame was based.

      Sessha mo yomitaku gozaru yo!

      I guess I'll have to scrounge around and see what I can find around here.

      Out of curiousity, what is the copyright law concerning such material? If
      we put together a project to transcribe it to html format, would that be
      violating copyright of any sort?

      -Godric Logan

      Rakki butta da ne.... ;)
    • Marc Choronzey
      Message 46 of 46 , Oct 9, 2000
        That's another one I forgot to ask about:

        Does anybody have a reliable yoroi hitatare pattern?

        -Shimaha.

        http://profiles.msn.com