[Fwd: [wyvernwoode] HUGE COSTUME SITE!]

  • 'bella
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2000
      this is worth sharing. and yes, it is pertinent and period to all the list
      I am sending it too. as Alastair says, enjoy!
      annie / 'bella

      "Shane B. CyberGaddabout" wrote:

      > ENJOY!!
      >
      > http://sca-garb.freeservers.com/articles/howtolinks.html
      >
      > Lord Alastair
      >

      > This list: mailinglist.wyvernwoode.org
      > The baronial calendar: calendar.wyvernwoode.org
      > Officers contact list: contact.wyvernwoode.org
      > Information about the barony: info.wyvernwoode.org
      > The Wyvern's Tale online: news.wyvernwoode.org
    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2000
        Noble Cousins!

        The home page for the site is:

        http://web.mit.edu/jpnet/

        I would not say that it is "huge" and it appears to be based upon a
        single book which appears to be reproduced without permission.
        Ms. Gercik may have secured permission, but it is not obvious from
        the site itself. The site itself does have a lot of interesting
        resource materials for teaching Japanese stuff in the K-12
        environment. One thing about the costume section mystifies me.
        It completely omits (or appears to omit from the first of the
        costume pages) the entire Kamakura period. The descriptions are
        obviously geared for those unfamiliar and unlikely to wish to
        learn technical terminology. This may be an advantage for you.
        Regardless, I just glanced at the site. It is worth checking out
        further. However, it looks like you are much better served by the
        costume resources which Effingham and Fujiwara have collected.

        | techie.com, msn.com |
      • Barbara Nostrand
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2000
          Noble Cousins!

          It just remembered that I unintentionally but quite definitely insulted
          Funiwara no Aoihime Dono some time ago. I do wish to say that I am truly
          sorry for doing so. That I meant no insult, but since one was delivered
          that I am quite sorry and do hope that she can find it in her heart to
          forgive me. (Today is the anniversary of the creation of the world.
          Happy New Year to everyone. Tradition says that G-d can forgive just about
          any wrong directed toward him, but can not forgive the wrongs that we have
          done to others. Thus, we must each be mindful not to hurt others and to
          seek their forgiveness when we do so.) Regardless, anyone else that I
          have offended here, please try to find it in your heart to forgive me as
          well.

          Amatuer Scholar
          | techie.com, msn.com |