OT: June Event in Sacred Stone

  • BlueHawk Winterfire
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2005
      Forgiveness is begged for this Gaijin, but we must attract many people
      to our newest event....Miriel Crawford, a student of things Nippon

      Desert Wind
      June 10-12 2005
      Barony Sacred Stone Boonville, NC

      Take a Journey to the Elchenburg Castle and enjoy a day Target and
      Combat Archery. We will have a fun filled weekend of Bardic,
      drumming and dancing as well as darkening the Atlantian Skies with
      our mighty flights of arrows!

      Martial Activities
      Target IKAC
      Combat IKAC
      Combat Archer Tournament
      Target Archer Wood Hunt

      Martial In Charge :
      Lord Menua of the Black Oak Grove
      catmajick@...

      Arts and Sciences
      Please contact TH Lady Bronwen of Hindscroft
      welshwmn3@... (correct email)
      Best Display of Archery Equipment
      Best Display of Islamic Art
      Open Arts and Science

      Friday Night Open Hofla Hosted by Lord Asim
      Middle Eastern Dance and Drumming Lord Asim can be reached at
      asim@...

      Saturday Night Middle Eastern Dance Contest Hosted by Lady Halima
      _al_shaffi She can be reached at lkuney@...

      COST
      Weekend $10 ages 5-17 $7.00
      Day Trip $7 ages 5-17 $4.00
      Ages 0-4 Guests of the Barony
      $3.00 Non-member surcharge for adults

      Site
      2239 Center Road, Boonville, NC 27011

      Primitive Site with Bathhouse. This is a WET site. Period and modern
      tenting allowed.
      Site opens at 6 pm Friday and closes at 1 pm Sunday.

      There will be no Feast Served at Desert Wind. Please bring your
      Grill and Picnic Baskets. There are local Restaurants to suit every
      taste.,

      Autocrat: Baron Achbar Ibn Ali Achbar@... 704 3994033
      Reservations: Miriel Crawford tygerphoenix@...
      Tracie Ellis, 28270 Deep Cove Dr
      Concord, NC 28027

      Make Checks payable to " Barony of Sacred Stone, SCA Inc"

      Hotel Information:
      Rose Village Motel (336) 835-3609 407 N. Bridge St. Jonesville,
      NC 28642
      Days Inn (336) 526-6777 1540 NC Hwy 67, Jonesville, NC
      28642
      Hampton Inn (336) 835-1994 1632 NC Hwy 67, Jonesville NC
      28642

      Directions:
      From the south: Take your best route to I-77 North. Take exit 82 and
      turn right at the end of the exit ramp. *Proceed less than a mile and
      turn right onto Messick Rd. Proceed to the end of Messick Rd, and turn
      left on Center Road. Approx 8 miles later is a BP gas station on the
      left. 1.4 miles past the BP station, turn right at the first castle on
      the right on a gravel road. Signs will be posted.
      From Hwy 421: proceed to intersection with I-77 North, Exit 82, use
      directions from *
      From I-81: proceed to I-77 South to Exit 82, turn left at the exit
      ramp, use directions from above
    • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2005
        You should add this to the Group calendar!