Re: [SCA-JML] 2 questions...one on Kabuto and one on Japanese Clans in the SCA

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 39 , May 3, 2005

      >I am in the Kingdom of Atlantia and was wondering if there are ANY
      >Japanese Clans near my area? I know about Clan Yama Kaminari and
      >also Clan Genji, but I don't believe either of these clans cover my
      >area. I am in Jacksonville, North Carolina. If someone could give
      >me guidance in this matter, I would be much appreciative.

      While many of the people involved with Yama Kaminari live near
      Buffalo, many do not live anywhere near by. The most important event
      for Kaminari is Pennsic. If you make it to Pennsic, I suggest that
      you drop by for a visit. Some of the clan events are open to the
      public. You should probably not be too quick to join a clan or
      household. Some of them are really supportive and will help you a
      lot, but there are also out and out abusive households out there. You
      should check things out a bit before taking the plunge.

      Inicidentally. As Pennsic is approaching. I think that we should
      collectively pool class time information for Japanese and possibly
      all East Asian classes and put up a master Asiatic Schedule on a web
      page somewhere. I would volunteer my web server, but I am loosing my
      job at the end of August, and the web server will be shut down at
      least temporarily sometime in July.

      | trash by my email filters. |
    • Solveig
      Message 39 of 39 , May 8, 2005
        Baron Edward!

        Greetings from Solveig!
        >Well, I did find one reference dated to 1224: "Hayashi Taro Koredono".
        Truly spiffy. Where di dyou find it?

        | trash by my email filters. |