2 questions...one on Kabuto and one on Japanese Clans in the SCA

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 39 , May 3, 2005
      Greetings,

      This is my first post since becoming a member of this group. I have
      found the information herein very helpful, as well as Mr. Anthony
      Bryant's website (I think that goes without saying).

      I am in the Kingdom of Atlantia and was wondering if there are ANY
      Japanese Clans near my area? I know about Clan Yama Kaminari and
      also Clan Genji, but I don't believe either of these clans cover my
      area. I am in Jacksonville, North Carolina. If someone could give
      me guidance in this matter, I would be much appreciative.

      Secondly, I am looking to purchase a new kabuto for heavy fighting.
      To my knowledge thus far, the only people that I have found to make
      them are Akira (Joe) from Minamoto Armouries and also Peter Cosgrove
      from Apprentice Works Armory
      (http://www.geocities.com/harlequin_corps/apprenticeworks.html).

      I have spoken with Akira many times and he is not focusing on Kabuto
      anymore, and the person he told me to contact is not returning my
      emails. I have also tried contacting Peter Cosgrove many times, and
      have received no emails back either. So I am wondering if there is
      another REPUTABLE group or individual out there that is making
      various styles of Japanese Kabuto.

      Hatano no Daigoro Masamori
      Stronghold of Raven's Cove - Kingdom of Atlantia
    • Solveig
      Message 39 of 39 , May 8, 2005
        Baron Edward!

        Greetings from Solveig!
        >Well, I did find one reference dated to 1224: "Hayashi Taro Koredono".
        Truly spiffy. Where di dyou find it?

        | trash by my email filters. |