Western Washington groups?

  • MonkeyBoy
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3 1:21 AM
      Hello, greetings from Seattle.

      I attended Autumn War last fall with a couple of friends. This was my
      first SCA event. I didn't really enjoy it too awefully much becouse
      the people I went with and their house were just about partying and
      having a good time. I don't have anything against partying and having
      a good time, but I saw others actually trying to be acurate in theme,
      and recreate something, and THAT looked fun to me.

      So anyway, I love Japanese society, or at least what I percieve to be
      japanese society, I'm sure I would be disapointed if ever I journeyed
      to japan, but I digres. I would greatly like to check out a Japanese
      oriented house if their are any in my area. I think I could really get
      into the detail based recreation thing. Might even be somewhat
      interested in fighting, although I am admittantly quite slow and
      un-agile.

      Well, look forward to hearing from anyone, if their is anyone to hear
      from in Western Washington.

      Chris
    • Solveig
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3 2:41 PM

        I know people in Madrone (Seattle) who are into research and stuff. I
        also believe that there are people with research interests in
        Victoria, Vancouver, and Portland. There is even an old-time Japanese
        type somewhere around Western Washington although he was severely
        opressed by political bigwigs and stopped doing Japanese fifteen or
        twenty years ago. Where in Western Washington are you?

        | trash by my email filters. |
      • Tangwen Glyn y Helifwr
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3 4:08 PM
          I am just getting started with my Japanese persona. I
          am in the Barony of Adiantum (Eugene,OR).

          I believe there is one person in the Barony of
          Stromgard (Vancouver, WA - near Portland, OR), who
          has a Japanese persona as well.

          Tanwen
          (yeah, it's Welsh)

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • toyama_katsuhito
          Message 4 of 5 , May 4 8:08 AM
            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, MonkeyBoy <chris.gause@g...> wrote:
            > Hello, greetings from Seattle.
            >
            > Well, look forward to hearing from anyone, if their is anyone to
            hear from in Western Washington.

            > Chris

            Konnichiwa Chris,

            Japanese players are pretty scatterd in An Tir, no great concentration
            anywhere in particular. There is a very small group of us in
            Cranehaven (Wenatchee) and I know of a couple in Vulkanfeldt (Yakima)
            as well. I am not able to come up with specific names in Madrone for
            you...

            Dewa mata nochihodo,
            "Katsu"
            Toyama no Katsuhito
          • Deborah K. Strub
            Message 5 of 5 , May 4 7:51 PM
              Greetings,

              Wow, you sure picked a great event for your first one! Autumn War is great
              fun but very crowded because it's so popular. And all the rain right before
              the weekend made it even more interesting :)
              I don't know of any organized Japanese households here in An Tir, but there
              are a number of us Japanese personae scattered about throughout the Kingdom.
              The Baroness of Three Mountains (Portland, OR), Mistress Katelaine
              McFarland has an alternate Japanese persona that is Japanese. I know some
              in Blatha an Oir (Tacoma, WA), a few in Madrone (Seattle, WA), and some in
              Seagirt (Victoria, BC).
              I, myself, am from Dragon's Laire in Bremerton, WA. Our group has fighter
              practice every Wednesday night at the Silverdale waterfront park. Our big
              event for the year is coming up the first weekend of June, that's June Faire
              up in Port Gamble. Drop by and say "hi" sometime.

              YIS,

              Murakami Tsuruko
              Baroness of Dragon's Laire