[SCA-JML] Re: Qurey on Book -

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2 5:35 PM

      >What are your thoughts on it? Any particular reason for recommending
      >this one in particular?

      The book is recent, as I recall a full sized book, and has a title
      which shouts that it is a book about "ordinary life history" for a
      time period that interests some of the people who belong to this
      mailing list. As I recall, it is published by Shogakukan which is a
      respectable publisher. As for giving the title, I've generally found
      ISBN's to be more reliable references for people.

      | trash by my email filters. |
    • michelle0097217
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3 8:11 AM
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Sluss1951@a... wrote:
        > Looking for information on this book / as where to buy ? Shumi no
        Sukashi
        > Tsuba / Kogatana Sakuri - Naruki Kazuhiko, Nakata Kanehide, etc.

        I have found that Googling the title in Japanese sometimes will get
        some hits, even ones from a bookstore.

        Good luck!

        Thessaliad
      • sean_somers2002
        Message 3 of 12 , May 3 10:36 AM
          > I have found that Googling the title in Japanese sometimes will get
          > some hits, even ones from a bookstore.

          And one more additional option: you can try buyubooks.com (you
          probably have already, but I mention them just in case). Their
          specialities fit in with exactly this type of book. They're not a
          'used' bookshop, but they do carry a reasonable number of shinkohon
          that would otherwise not be available through places like Kinokuniya.

          Send them an email: they have a network of shops in Japan with whom
          they deal with, and can make enquiries. So, if a shop does have it in
          Japan - but are loath to make international sales (you have to get the
          katakana conversion of a western name dead on from your North American
          credit card) - they will act as an intermediary and get it.

          It's a bit of a beaten docket, but try it.