Webpage (was **still** "seii taishogun"!)

  • lynnx@enteract.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2000
      > ajbryant@... writes:
      >
      > > We talked a few months back about the possibility of getting our own
      > > domain name, and so on. I think this might be a good time to do it.

      Do you have access to a cd rom burner? This would at least
      let you back up a pretty solid website without a lot of
      hassle.

      As for having the stuff Out There so the page works, I think
      your best bet is trying to find a local isp that does
      webpages (that might run up the cost but if something goes
      wrong , You Know Where They Live... What your paying for
      with the monthly and per-meg costs is No Advertising Crud on
      your page.

      If ads don't bother you, I suggest you check out 50Megs.com
      (a free-webpage site, 50 megs should get you started! Read
      the fine print of course) and ...well, ask around.

      Last I heard they were running something like $30/year or
      something like that. If your isp wants more than that
      $30/year, check around for another one. They're probly
      charging you for a bunch of extra crap you don't need
      (especially with all the html/webgeeks* in the SCA!).

      I think there's one called Dot.Com or something like it that
      does it free (i.e. just the $ whateveritis now) and doesn't
      add extra fees.

      Also i think they've dropped the requirement of paying twice
      the fee for two years, which brings it down to a lot more
      people's reach.

      FWIW...
      Sister Ed