Re: [SCA-JML] Yorii Hojo Festival 2005

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
      Park McKellop wrote:

      > http://www.bushinavi.com/event/hachigatajyou/hachigata2005/nojiaihoushiki-rule-e.html

      Wow, neat! I ended up having to go to the guy's yahooalbum for the
      pics: the 2003 ones were especially nice. I loved all the banners and
      the way the guys crossed in the boats! The effect was ruined a bit by
      the modern-clothed boatmen (park guys? the ones in light blue with the
      green hats), but still, a boatful of samurai was quite a cool effect.

      (Wah! Makes me want to go to one of the wars this summer! But I'll be
      in school during both Lilies and Pennsic!)

      *note to self: make one of those banners* (Instructions anywhere?)

      Writing from my home overlooking the Great River, just after dawn.

      Ki no Torahime

      A glint of a spear
      Swirling from beneath the mists
      A trick of the light?
      A cry, and it is too late.
      The wolves have come upon us.
    • DinoKruz@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
        Click here: ‘½“cŒhˆê

        Thanks for the posting the link to the festival page - there's a couple of
        links that thread from the main page - including the one above. Do you have any
        info on this shield and sparring style?
        Kyostti