Yorii Hojo Festival 2005

  • Park McKellop
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
      http://www.bushinavi.com/event/hachigatajyou/hachigata2005/nojiaihoushiki-rule-e.html

    • Maria
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
        Park McKellop wrote:

        > http://www.bushinavi.com/event/hachigatajyou/hachigata2005/nojiaihoushiki-rule-e.html

        Wow, neat! I ended up having to go to the guy's yahooalbum for the
        pics: the 2003 ones were especially nice. I loved all the banners and
        the way the guys crossed in the boats! The effect was ruined a bit by
        the modern-clothed boatmen (park guys? the ones in light blue with the
        green hats), but still, a boatful of samurai was quite a cool effect.

        (Wah! Makes me want to go to one of the wars this summer! But I'll be
        in school during both Lilies and Pennsic!)

        *note to self: make one of those banners* (Instructions anywhere?)

        Writing from my home overlooking the Great River, just after dawn.

        Ki no Torahime

        A glint of a spear
        Swirling from beneath the mists
        A trick of the light?
        A cry, and it is too late.
        The wolves have come upon us.
      • DinoKruz@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
          Click here: ‘½“cŒhˆê

          Thanks for the posting the link to the festival page - there's a couple of
          links that thread from the main page - including the one above. Do you have any
          info on this shield and sparring style?
          Kyostti