green and yellow redux

  • thessaliad of Thessaly
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 7:16 PM
      Greetings!

      Thanks everyone for your input into the dye issue. I was able to find the
      Pinyin names for benihana and kihada, and buy them for very cheaply at a
      Chinese herbal shop. I only paid $8.00/lb for the benihana, and the kihada
      was about the same. If I had read your reply earlier, Solveig, I might have
      been able to buy the kariyasu as well!

      Well if anyone needs these dye materials, I would be happy to purchase and
      ship them to you, as the owner was very willing to buy for me in bulk--I
      only have to give him 2-3 days notice for when I need the materials. His
      prices were much less expensive, by nearly 50%, than the other local shops
      or online vendors.

      Well, next I need to scour my sample scraps and then I get to start my
      dyebath this week. W00t!

      Thessaliad--who really needs a Japanese name