Re: [SCA-JML] impermanence of life

  • Elaine Koogler
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 25, 2005
      Date Saburou Yukiie wrote:

      > Words today are hard...
      > ...today I dug my dog's grave.
      > Earth wet with sorrow...
      > hollow space for her body...
      > a resting place for her soul.
      >
      > Sixteen years my friend...
      > Companion at tournaments...
      > Enthusiastic.
      > No more will I have her there...
      > to share in Samurai dreams.
      >
      > Tears stream down my face...
      > Tears of happiness and joy...
      > of the life she lived...
      > mixed with tears of deep sorrow...
      > loneliness that is to come.
      >
      > Meeting is parting.
      > ...of this there is hardly doubt.
      > Our time wonderful...
      > This existence run its course...
      > Her soul happy to move on.
      >
      > Date

      It is always difficult to lose someone so very important in your
      life...we've lost several over the years and each parting has been both
      sweet and sad. Sweet because we know that the friend will no longer
      suffer (particularly true with one of our dogs and a cat who both had
      cancer) and sad because they have been so important to us. Know that we
      share your loss.

      Kiri