Re: [SCA-JML] Ishi no Obi - the Stone Belt

  • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2005
      Examples I have seen appear to be two strips made of two pieces of
      leather, each, sewn together and lacquered. The stones can be of
      various shapes and sizes (usually circles or squares)--you can
      probably use soapstone. The ends of the two leather pieces have some
      kind of brass fittings. One piece (A) goes across the small of your
      back and the other (B) is tied to it by a himo and goes up and tucks
      in the back (forming a loop). Piece A then has two pieces of cord
      that appear to go in front of the wearer and tie in front. I believe
      the hirao can either hang from this or from a seperate belt.

      I've got the leather cut out... just need to figure out the rest.

      -Ii