Re: Silly Estrella story.

  • Diane Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      I think mine skirted the weight limit on weapon weight. I have to be
      careful on how I use it.

      Okay, here's how I made mine. I got handed a 3 -4 foot length of
      Rattan by a friend of mine at Great Western War the year before that.
      Was a good hefty piece. So, I brought it home and stared at it for a
      bit, then I looked at the Samurai Warlords * I think that was the
      title* by STephen Turnbull. Shows a colored plate of a Samurai
      cleaning a heavy club with a silk cloth.

      Using an old sword blank I had, I cut it up into 1 or 2 inch long
      pieces. I used a chisel and hammer to split them in half, so I had 16
      individual pieces for clackers. Now comes the fun part.

      Instead of just taping them straight onto the rattan, I did something
      fun. I had some closed cel foam camping pads that I use for padding
      helmets and.. occasionally sleeping on. I cut out 16 individual
      pieces of foam to match the clackers. The hard part was getting the
      strapping tape and the rest of it all in one spot. After that, I
      made 4 even rings of studs on the Tetsubo. Yes, it's a difficult
      job, but once you get done, put electical tape on all those little
      knobs you just made. Tadah. Thrusting tip is optional, however.

      Here's helping hint: Use a secondary piece of rattan to space those
      rings out. When fighting with a buddy, those spaces are great for
      capturing an opponents weapon and holding it steady while your
      fighting friend plays the Taiko Drums on his ribcage. :D

      Sorry for the long post.
      Qara

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Kita Jiru Toramassa <toramassa@g...>