Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Nice Kabuto on Ebay!

  • Bubba
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
      Jason Lewis wrote:

      > And the kabuto is at
      >
      > http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

      "Made for a customer in Houston."

      I know someone in Houston that had a kabuto made by Thaden. I have a sneaky
      feeling the one in the pic was powdercoated red and weighs a ton.
      --
      Kagemasa
      mysticz28@...
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
        Otagiri Tatsuzou wrote:

        > Small world - take 24768...
        >
        > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I liked the construction,
        > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that owner is 'for real.' My
        > only big complaint is that the paint is not adhering well.

        Take it apart and powdercoat it :)
        --
        Kagemasa
        mysticz28@...
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
          Thank you kindly Otagiri for the vouch!
          I had fun getting to fight with you accouple of weeks ago. I hope we
          will get the chance again sometime!
          About the helm, it is actually made by Dragon Forge Armoury. I think
          the armours name was Ben Schnieder(sp?) Great armourer!
          I love the Helm and I love the Japanese culture......I just know I
          won't give it justice as a persona. So I have decided just to stick
          with the A&S side of Japanese culture and stay with my
          current...Hamish "The Pensic Mud Surfing Champion" Stewart!

          If anyone has any questions about the helm just ask away!

          -Hamish
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@y...>