Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Nice Kabuto on Ebay!

  • Jason Lewis
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1 2:30 PM
      > its from thaden... that goes without saying. :)

      I wish I had the cash, I would have him make me a kabuto. There is one
      on his site...thing of beauty...He is a great armourer. I will give
      you first crack when I sell it.

      Jirou

      --
      Jason Lewis
      E-Commerce and PHP Developer
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1 2:33 PM
        Thought I would post this..

        http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/index.htm

        the first three pictures are my actual helmet ;)

        And the kabuto is at

        http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

        Jirou

        --
        Jason Lewis
        E-Commerce and PHP Developer
      • Bubba
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1 6:33 PM
          Jason Lewis wrote:

          > And the kabuto is at
          >
          > http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

          "Made for a customer in Houston."

          I know someone in Houston that had a kabuto made by Thaden. I have a sneaky
          feeling the one in the pic was powdercoated red and weighs a ton.
          --
          Kagemasa
          mysticz28@...
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1 6:34 PM
            Otagiri Tatsuzou wrote:

            > Small world - take 24768...
            >
            > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I liked the construction,
            > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that owner is 'for real.' My
            > only big complaint is that the paint is not adhering well.

            Take it apart and powdercoat it :)
            --
            Kagemasa
            mysticz28@...
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1 10:33 PM
              Thank you kindly Otagiri for the vouch!
              I had fun getting to fight with you accouple of weeks ago. I hope we
              will get the chance again sometime!
              About the helm, it is actually made by Dragon Forge Armoury. I think
              the armours name was Ben Schnieder(sp?) Great armourer!
              I love the Helm and I love the Japanese culture......I just know I
              won't give it justice as a persona. So I have decided just to stick
              with the A&S side of Japanese culture and stay with my
              current...Hamish "The Pensic Mud Surfing Champion" Stewart!

              If anyone has any questions about the helm just ask away!

              -Hamish
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@y...>