Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Nice Kabuto on Ebay!

  • Jason Lewis
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
      > i glad you winked at the end. I was about to question
      > your sanity..... or a least arrange to aquire the
      > basinet from you. :)
      > --kiyohara

      I am going to make either a 16 or 32 plate Kabuto, once it is done I
      will probably sell the bascinet for a sight less then I paid for it,
      cost me $700 brand new, it has some dings and needs a shine put back
      on it, but, it's a great helmet.

      Jirou

      --
      Jason Lewis
      E-Commerce and PHP Developer
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
        its from thaden... that goes without saying. :)
        Thats why even though i dont need a basinet right now
        id aquire it if you were selling it for an equal to
        that kabuto.

        --kiyohara

        --- Jason Lewis <jason.lewis@...> wrote:

        > > i glad you winked at the end. I was about to
        > question
        > > your sanity..... or a least arrange to aquire the
        > > basinet from you. :)
        > > --kiyohara
        >
        > I am going to make either a 16 or 32 plate Kabuto,
        > once it is done I
        > will probably sell the bascinet for a sight less
        > then I paid for it,
        > cost me $700 brand new, it has some dings and needs
        > a shine put back
        > on it, but, it's a great helmet.
        >
        > Jirou
        >
        > --
        > Jason Lewis
        > E-Commerce and PHP Developer

        > --------------------~-->
        > Has someone you know been affected by illness or
        > disease?
        > Network for Good is THE place to support health
        > awareness efforts!

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/PJ_qlB/TM

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • Jason Lewis
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
          > its from thaden... that goes without saying. :)

          I wish I had the cash, I would have him make me a kabuto. There is one
          on his site...thing of beauty...He is a great armourer. I will give
          you first crack when I sell it.

          Jirou

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
            Thought I would post this..

            http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/index.htm

            the first three pictures are my actual helmet ;)

            And the kabuto is at

            http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

            Jirou

            --
            Jason Lewis
            E-Commerce and PHP Developer
          • Bubba
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
              Jason Lewis wrote:

              > And the kabuto is at
              >
              > http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

              "Made for a customer in Houston."

              I know someone in Houston that had a kabuto made by Thaden. I have a sneaky
              feeling the one in the pic was powdercoated red and weighs a ton.
              --
              Kagemasa
              mysticz28@...
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                Otagiri Tatsuzou wrote:

                > Small world - take 24768...
                >
                > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I liked the construction,
                > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that owner is 'for real.' My
                > only big complaint is that the paint is not adhering well.

                Take it apart and powdercoat it :)
                --
                Kagemasa
                mysticz28@...
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                  Thank you kindly Otagiri for the vouch!
                  I had fun getting to fight with you accouple of weeks ago. I hope we
                  will get the chance again sometime!
                  About the helm, it is actually made by Dragon Forge Armoury. I think
                  the armours name was Ben Schnieder(sp?) Great armourer!
                  I love the Helm and I love the Japanese culture......I just know I
                  won't give it justice as a persona. So I have decided just to stick
                  with the A&S side of Japanese culture and stay with my
                  current...Hamish "The Pensic Mud Surfing Champion" Stewart!

                  If anyone has any questions about the helm just ask away!

                  -Hamish
                  --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@y...>