Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Nice Kabuto on Ebay!

  • michael A
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
      i glad you winked at the end. I was about to question
      your sanity..... or a least arrange to aquire the
      basinet from you. :)
      --kiyohara

      --- Jason Lewis <jason.lewis@...> wrote:

      > > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I
      > liked the construction,
      > > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that
      > owner is 'for real.' My
      > > only big complaint is that the paint is not
      > adhering well.
      > >
      > > Otagiri
      >
      > I messaged him and said it was to bad he has it up
      > on auction. I have
      > a 14th century "high peak" bascinet with bargrill
      > and dogface visor
      > made by Patrick Thaden I would have traded straight
      > across for ;)
      >
      > Jirou
      >
      > --
      > Jason Lewis
      > E-Commerce and PHP Developer

      > --------------------~-->
      > What would our lives be like without music, dance,
      > and theater?
      > Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for
      > Good!

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/PJ_qlB/TM

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Jason Lewis
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
        > i glad you winked at the end. I was about to question
        > your sanity..... or a least arrange to aquire the
        > basinet from you. :)
        > --kiyohara

        I am going to make either a 16 or 32 plate Kabuto, once it is done I
        will probably sell the bascinet for a sight less then I paid for it,
        cost me $700 brand new, it has some dings and needs a shine put back
        on it, but, it's a great helmet.

        Jirou

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
          its from thaden... that goes without saying. :)
          Thats why even though i dont need a basinet right now
          id aquire it if you were selling it for an equal to
          that kabuto.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/PJ_qlB/TM

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
            > its from thaden... that goes without saying. :)

            I wish I had the cash, I would have him make me a kabuto. There is one
            on his site...thing of beauty...He is a great armourer. I will give
            you first crack when I sell it.

            Jirou

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
              Thought I would post this..

              http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/index.htm

              the first three pictures are my actual helmet ;)

              And the kabuto is at

              http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

              Jirou

              --
              Jason Lewis
              E-Commerce and PHP Developer
            • Bubba
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                Jason Lewis wrote:

                > And the kabuto is at
                >
                > http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

                "Made for a customer in Houston."

                I know someone in Houston that had a kabuto made by Thaden. I have a sneaky
                feeling the one in the pic was powdercoated red and weighs a ton.
                --
                Kagemasa
                mysticz28@...
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                  Otagiri Tatsuzou wrote:

                  > Small world - take 24768...
                  >
                  > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I liked the construction,
                  > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that owner is 'for real.' My
                  > only big complaint is that the paint is not adhering well.

                  Take it apart and powdercoat it :)
                  --
                  Kagemasa
                  mysticz28@...
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                    Thank you kindly Otagiri for the vouch!
                    I had fun getting to fight with you accouple of weeks ago. I hope we
                    will get the chance again sometime!
                    About the helm, it is actually made by Dragon Forge Armoury. I think
                    the armours name was Ben Schnieder(sp?) Great armourer!
                    I love the Helm and I love the Japanese culture......I just know I
                    won't give it justice as a persona. So I have decided just to stick
                    with the A&S side of Japanese culture and stay with my
                    current...Hamish "The Pensic Mud Surfing Champion" Stewart!

                    If anyone has any questions about the helm just ask away!

                    -Hamish
                    --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@y...>